Conditions of Use & Disclaimer
While reasonable efforts have been made in good faith to ensure the contents of this website are factually correct, Northern Beaches Council does not guarantee and accepts no responsibility or legal liability whatsoever arising from or connected to the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of any information provided. All of the information provided by, or otherwise procurable on and from, the website is for general information purposes only and does not constitute advice whether legal or otherwise from Northern Beaches Council. There has been no consideration given as to whether any of the information provided, or otherwise procurable on and from, the website is appropriate for you or the circumstances pertaining to the nature of your enquiry. You use the website entirely at your own risk, and you should not rely or act upon any such information, for any possible legal purpose, or any circumstance where loss or damage could arise as a result of reliance or acting upon any such information, without first seeking specific legal or other professional advice on your own particular circumstances. In addition, the website is not, and is not intended to be, a substitute or an alternative for seeking information by otherwise available statutory means. Northern Beaches Council does not accept any responsibility, or legal liability, should you rely upon the information provided by, or otherwise procurable on and from, the website to your detriment, except as provided by statute. Use of the website, and the provision or submission of information, implies agreement with and consent to these conditions of use.
Northern Beaches Council has certain obligations in relation to the personal information that it obtains from persons who use its website. Please read this statement to learn what information Council collects about you, why it is collected and what is done with it.
Collecting Personal Information
In using this site you will provide Northern Beaches Council with “personal information”. This is defined in the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (“PPIPA”) to be “information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion”. Personal information collected by Council will include your name and any other information provided.
Further, when you visit Council’s website the following information is recorded for statistical purposes:
- The address of your server;
- The top-level domain from which you accessed the Internet (such as .com,.org,. gov, .edu, .au, .nz, etc.);
- The type of browser used:
- The date and time of your visit to the site;
- The pages you visited and the documents you downloaded;
- The links you followed to come to and leave the site;
- Any other information that is recorded
- This information is used to create reports to tell Council the number of visitors to the site, what areas are most visited, what areas are least visited and technical design information such as broken links. This information is used to assist Council in making the site more useful to visitors.
If you are aged 16 years or under you need to get your parent or guardian’s permission before you provide personal information to this website.
Personal information collected from you is held and used by Council as permitted by PPIPA. Under PPIPA you are entitled to be informed of:
- the fact that personal information is being collected;
- the name and address of the agency collecting and holding the information;
- the purposes for which the information is being collected;
- the persons and bodies to whom the information will be disclosed;
- whether the provision of the information is mandatory or voluntary;
- the consequences (if any) of not providing the information; and
- your right under PPIPA to apply to have access to your information or to have it corrected.
Council has various functions under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, 1979, the Local Government Act 1993 and other legislation, and personal information is collected to enable Council to perform them. Under PPIPA, other agencies (particularly law enforcement agencies) may have the right to gain access to personal information about you that Council holds. Indeed, some agencies (particularly law enforcement agencies) have legal authority to inspect our Internet Service Providers’ logs and obtain your address if required for an official investigation. Further, Council records are available for public inspection and copying, including under the Local Government Act 1993 and the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009.
At the request of an individual to whom personal information held by Council relates, Council must provide the individual with access to the information. Council must, at the request of an individual to whom personal information held by Council relates, make appropriate amendments to ensure that the personal information is, among other things, accurate.
The forms on this site include statements on whether the supply of information by the individual is mandatory or voluntary, along with any consequences for the individual if the information is not supplied to Council.
The contents of this website are copyright and may not be reproduced in any form without the prior consent of Northern Beaches Council.