MABC Aquatic Centre has safe and easy access for our disabled and special needs patrons with our Main and Program Pool including:
- Access Ramps – allowing patrons to easily walk with guide rails into the water
- ‘Wet Wheelchair’ available
- Pool Hoist – carefully assists patrons with a disability in and out of the indoor and outdoor pools.
- Specific change rooms areas for patrons with disabilities.
Patrons/Carers wishing to use the Pool Hoist are encouraged to contact the centre prior so as to assist staff with preparing and setting up the hoist.
Our Wellness Centre is fully accessible via the elevator giving all walks of life freedom to gain entry into the centre. Once you enter you will notice a welcoming atmosphere with a wide range of equipment including:
- Wheel Chair Accessible resistance & cardio equipment
The fitness equipment is also arranged to ensure that it is easily accessible for wheelchair patrons.
MABC already has a range of Group Fitness Classes and Programs for seniors and rehabilitation. We are actively looking to increase our programs.