Swim in a safe, stimulating environment and have fun getting fit. Lap lanes are available throughout the Centre’s operational hours in both the 50 metre & 25 metre outdoor Pools and indoor 25 metre pool.
Our outdoor 50 metre pool has a temperature setting of 26 degrees, our indoor 25 metre pool has a temperature setting of 28 degrees, our indoor program and leisure pools have a temperature setting between 30 and 32 degrees.
Lap Lane Etiquette
To ensure your lap swimming session is an enjoyable one, the following lap lane etiquette guidelines have been developed and will be monitored at the Centre.
- Select a lane based on your ability and stroke(s) you intend to swim during your visit. Note that for safety reasons, some lanes indicate breaststroke is not permitted.
- While swimming, keep to the left of the lane.
- In order to pass a swimmer in front, swim past on the right, above the lane line on the bottom of the pool.
- If you have to move across any lanes, check both directions before moving. When waiting at the end of the pool, move across towards the corners of the lane to allow other swimmers to continue swimming laps.
Walk-Run lanes will be provided whenever possible. If there are no designated Walk-Run lanes, please ask a Pool Attendant for the best location for a Walk-Run session.
During peak times (Monday – Friday 3.30pm- 7pm & Saturdays 7am – 1.30pm) the lap lanes can be crowded at times. Where possible swim during off-peak times and plan your training sessions around the event calendar.
The following times are provided as a guide for lane designations:
- Slow Lane: Laps slower than 60 seconds
- Medium Lane: Laps slower than 45 seconds
- Medium Fast Lane: Laps slower than 40 seconds
- Fast Lane: Laps faster than 40 seconds
These are a guide only and the pool attendants will monitor them throughout the day.
50 Metre and 25 Metre Lap Lane Availability – Outdoor Pools
25 Metre Lap Lane Availability – Indoor Pool