SCHOOL SWIMMING SCHEME
MABC School Swimming Scheme is an intensive learn to swim program for all ages and year groups that develops water confidence and provides students with basic skills in water safety and survival. The program caters specifically for a diverse range of abilities. The Scheme is conducted over eight (8-10) days. Each daily lesson is 30 Minutes.
Class ratios are in line with Austswim and Royal Lifesaving guidelines for school groups and we endeavour to keep them at or under the following numbers;
Beginner – Little to no swimming ability > 1:10
Intermediate – Confident Swimmer > 1:12
Advanced – Competent Swimmer > 1:15
The program is based on the following criteria and is adjusted to cater for the levels of each groups
- Entries and Exits Skills – Teaches children to determine the safest entry and exit method for a range of aquatic environments.
- Floating and Sculling Skills – Enables children to gain mobility in the aquatic environment and are vital skills for developing swimming and survival skills.
- Movement and Swimming Strokes – Develops efficient and effective Stroke technique and the ability to adapt the strokes to suit the conditions of the environment.
- Survival and PFD Skills – Includes the teaching of survival techniques and strategies for a range of emergency situations, including the use of personal flotation devices.
- Underwater Skills – Assists in building vital confidence in the water. Relaxation and good breath control are developed to increase swimming endurance.
- Rescue Skills – Equips children with the required skills to perform a range of rescues depending on the emergency situation, the environment and prevailing conditions.
- Water Safety Knowledge – Develops an understanding of a range of swimming and water safety issues that underpins safety in and around the water.
Click here for further information.